This past week has been a roller coaster emotionally and physically. Having to bike and walk everywhere is starting to catch up with my joints. Ow ow. Also I don't have my interviews until this Monday and Wednesday, so I have been feeling pretty useless, especially after watching Shallow Hal for the 10th time (Seriously why is it on every day). Fortunately, this week wasn't a total complete waste, and Marty and I had some fun adventures around town.
We finally visited that farm next to us and it was amazing! There is a little area where you can play with the ducks and feed them bread. They had so much fresh and local food and I think we will definitely be shopping there from now on. Gotta support local! They had fresh apple donuts that were heavenly and a ton of cool cheeses (I don't know why I remembered that. I like cheese). It is right next to the bike trail that connects Amherst and Hadley and the trail was gorgeous. There were trees completely surrounding the trail and little stops along the way that had picnic benches to rest on. My favorite part of the trail is when everyone passes me.
Yesterday we went to downtown Amherst and enjoyed all the fun little shops. There is a lot of music and art shops as well as book stores. There are also a lot of diverse restaurants, with a random Subway smack dab in the middle of it all. It ruined the ambience for me. I found a shirt that I really liked in one of the art/book/clothing stores.
| el oh el |
Today we went to First Baptist Church. I'm glad we finally found a church that goes with our beliefs. There are very few true Christian churches out here, and I think we found a good one! I'm hoping we can join a couple's study soon. Today was baby dedications, and one of the couples dedicating their baby looked familiar to Marty, and we found out that he is also a grad student in music theory at UMass! We talked to the pastor and I guess there are a lot of musicians from UMass at this church. That makes sense because it is the building right next to the Fine Arts Building! Unfortunately we live in the valley of Pioneer valley and the church is on top of what seems like a never ending mountain that's three miles up. Get dem thighs a burnin'. On our way back though we saw a little reminder of Lincoln!
Brueggers!
Some prayer requests I ask for this week would be that all of Marty's meetings will go well (he has like 7!) and that his nerves will be calmed for the upcoming school year. I'm so so proud of him and that he will be going to attend the school of his dreams! And please pray that my interviews go well and I will get a job!!! Also, one of my most favorite things to do is walk to the mailbox every afternoon (I have to walk like half a mile to get the mail, I thought this was America) and check the mail. But I only ever get bills. So if you are super bored and wanna write to us, I would be sooooo happy. Even if you just send an empty envelope. Here is our address.
117 Brittany Manor Drive Apt E
Amherst, MA 01002
Johannah
No comments:
Post a Comment