Today Martin and I walked two hours through our neighboring cities to learn what shops were around us! We visited Downtown Amherst, Florence, Belchertown, and Northampton. If you have ever watched Gilmore Girls, then you know what I mean when I say that this town is a lot like Stars Hallow. There was even a Bed and Breakfast like Dragonfly Inn! (And for all you non Gilmore Girl fans...just think "cute") Marty and I also got to try real New England clam chowder. MmmmmmMmm
| Our Town hall! |
We looked at cars today- found some ok deals, but will defiantly keep looking around. We also looked at corgis yesterday- and it was a blast! Funny story, I have always wanted a corgi so I found a lady in Chicopee (about 30 min away) that was expecting a litter soon so I told Marty that we should go visit while we have the UHaul for one more day. We went and met Allie and Max, aka mommy and daddy corgi, and Lisa and her husband. We were thrilled to find out that Lisa actually is from Omaha! She went to Northwest High School. We played with her corgis that afternoon and she made us cookies and told us all about the towns we were by. Her puppies will be weened after Thanksgiving, so that gives us enough time to decide if we are ready financially for a corgi! I am so excited. Lisa has been amazing to us, she even drove all the way back to our apartment when she found that MARTIN dropped his credit card on the floor of her house! She has also been checking up on us to see how we are adjusting. I think its a God thing :D
| momma corgi |
| daddy corgi |
We also checked out the bus system today..not the most convenient way of traveling, especially because they don't go to Hadley (where all the markets are), but we will manage until we get a car. Also- Massachusetts has a TON of weeping willow trees which are my favorite!!
| like this x 10 |
Now one last thing- Remember when I dropped out of college for a semester to "figure out my life, etc"? I remember that I got so many hurtful messages and phone calls from friends saying that it was a dumb decision and that I would never go back and graduate. Well I did. Remember when I got engaged in the middle of college and then married 6 months later? Same thing happened- people got angry, made judgements, called me irresponsible, the whole shabang. And lo and behold, when I announced we were moving to Massachusetts, I still had friends telling me it was a hasty, irresponsible decision and I should take a year off to work and make money. The thing is, and I know a lot of my friends don't agree, is that I fully one hundred percent believe that God is in control of my life. I believe that if I follow his plan for me that I will be taken care of 100%. He has never let me down in 22 years and I know he ever well. When it comes to finances, my health, school, etc, I put all my faith and trust in God. So in the nicest way possible, unless your name is Greg Bashford, Tanya Bashford, Dennis Ross or Debbie Ross, I probably won't need your advice unless I ask :) I already have 4 wonderful and wise mom and dads and I think that is enough! And I can't thank them enough. I have the best parents and in-laws in the world!
So with that all said- please keep enjoying my blog, statuses I write, and pictures I post about my new move! :D Just know that it's for your entertainment, not for your critique.
Johannah
GO HANNAH!!!!! I COULDNT BE PROUDER!!! :D i love reading your writings... it is so sweet to see how God is going before you and providing each need you have. I love sharing in the fact that we are both adventuring and trusting God for each day in a totally different place. So many uncertainties to face each day in new surroundings...but we know that everything is 100% certain to our God!!! :D love you sister!
ReplyDelete...and i secretly hope you can get a doggie later this fall...!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Anna! I miss you lots and hope you are doing well!!, praying for you!!
ReplyDelete